19.257, Jobs: Modified: Eng & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, SkyGrid, Inc

Mon Jan 21 19:29:39 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-257. Mon Jan 21 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.257, Jobs: Modified: Eng & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, SkyGrid, Inc

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-Jan-2008
From: Walter Johnson < walt at skygrid.com >
Subject: Modified: English & Text/Corpus Linguistics: Linguist, SkyGrid, Inc, CA, USA

Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:28:31
From: Walter Johnson [walt at skygrid.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-257.html&submissionid=166721&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: SkyGrid, Inc.
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://stormwatchnews.com

Job Rank: Linguist

Specialty Areas: Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Required Language(s): English (eng)

SkyGrid has an exciting and challenging opportunity for linguists to join
our unique engineering and scientific team and help create the
next-generation of our StormWatch Internet application. StormWatch provides
real-time semantic analysis and delivery of internet news. You will
contribute alongside experts in fields such as natural language processing,
scalable Internet infrastructure, and semantic analysis to advance the
capabilities of our core technologies.

Responsibilities

- Analyze Internet news content for linguistic patterns.
- Take ownership of StormWatch classification models for Internet content.
- Continuously and proactively strive to improve classification quality.
- Work closely with other team members to improve StormWatch.
- Organize and communicate your findings clearly, succinctly, and frequently.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.

Qualifications

- Degree in linguistics or equivalent working experience.
- A passion to work on a leading edge internet application.
- Ability to apply linguistic expertise to build classification models for
internet content.
- Experience in news analysis or computational linguistics a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A team player with strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with Linux and programming a plus.
- Experience with software development a plus.

Competitive salary with bonus plan, strong stock options, and full
benefits. If you're smart, energetic, and driven to succeed we want you on
our team! Please send your resume to: jobs at skygrid.com.

About SkyGrid:
SkyGrid's vision is to provide a powerful internet platform that brings all
your news into one screen. The growing success of our StormWatch platform
is a result of leading-edge technology, easy-to-use products and a unique
devotion to great customer service. Current customers include leading
financial institutions. SkyGrid has received funding from a group of
sophisticated and highly experienced investors. SkyGrid's headquarters are
located in Sunnyvale, CA.

Email Address for Applications: jobs at skygrid.com
Contact Information:
	Walter Johnson