19.272, Confs: General Linguistics/USA

Wed Jan 23 04:19:23 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-272. Tue Jan 22 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.272, Confs: General Linguistics/USA

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse <morse at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Jan-2008
From: Catherine Lai < laic at babel.ling.upenn.edu >
Subject: Penn Linguistics Colloquium

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:17:41
From: Catherine Lai [laic at babel.ling.upenn.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-272.html&submissionid=167070&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Penn Linguistics Colloquium
Short Title: PLC 32

Date: 22-Feb-2008 - 24-Feb-2008
Location:Pennsylvania, USA
Contact: Catherine Lai
Contact Email: plc32 at ling.upenn.edu
Meeting URL: http://www.ling.upenn.edu/Events/PLC/

The Penn Linguistics Colloquium is an annual conference organized by graduate
students in the Department of Linguistics at the University of Pennsylvania. Our
invited speaker this year is Professor Sandra Chung from the University of
California, Santa Cruz. The special session is 'Prosody and its interfaces'.

Call for Participation
32nd Annual Penn Linguistics Colloquium

The 32nd Annual Penn Linguistics Colloquium will take place February
22-24, 2008 at
the University of Pennsylvania's Jon M. Huntsman Hall.

Keynote address:
Sandra Chung, UC Santa Cruz
''Chamorro possessives and the syntax-semantics of subjects''

Special Session:
Prosody and Its Interfaces

The PLC 32 program includes sessions on syntax, semantics,
phonetics and phonology. For a complete list of talks with links to
abstracts, please visit:

http://www.ling.upenn.edu/Events/PLC/plc32/schedule.html

The preregistration deadline is Tuesday, February 19. To preregister, visit

http://www.ling.upenn.edu/Events/PLC/registration/register.php.

The early-bird registration fee is $20 for students, $25 for faculty and
others. On-site registration will cost an additional $5.

Note: Due to the security policy at our venue, it will be very difficult
to enter the conference site on Saturday and Sunday if you have not
already pre-registered. So, pre-registration before our early-bird deadline
is highly recommended if you will be arriving on Saturday or Sunday.
Please note that you still can pay the early-bird fee on-site if you register
online. Save yourself the hassle and register now!

For further information, please visit http://www.ling.upenn.edu/Events/PLC or
email plc32 at ling.upenn.edu

We're looking forward to seeing you at PLC 32!

-The PLC 32 Organizing Committee

This event is supported by funding from the Graduate And Professional
Student Assembly of the University of Pennsylvania.