19.293, All: Seeking Prize Donors: 2008 LINGUIST Fund Drive

Thu Jan 24 20:02:30 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-293. Thu Jan 24 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.293, All: Seeking Prize Donors: 2008 LINGUIST Fund Drive

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 24-Jan-2008
From: Maria Moreno-Rollins < maria at linguistlist.org >
Subject: Seeking Prize Donors: 2008 LINGUIST Fund Drive

Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 15:01:06
From: Maria Moreno-Rollins [maria at linguistlist.org]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-293.html&submissionid=167189&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

Dear subscribers,

As The LINGUIST List crew prepares to launch our annual Fund Drive, we ask
for your help in making this year's fund raising event successful and
entertaining for all participants.  To inspire and encourage contributions
to Fund Drive 2008, we would like to offer interesting and relevant prizes
-  and we are asking you, our subscribers, to help generate interest by
donating prize materials.

Prize materials are awarded to winners of puzzles, games, and the random
drawings we run throughout our Fund Drive.  If you have published a book,
are on the editorial board of a journal, or secretly create clever
linguistics merchandise in your spare time, we ask that you help our
efforts by donating these items as LINGUIST List Fund Drive 2008 prizes!

By donating a copy of your book, a subscription to your journal, or another
linguistics-related prize, you will be helping The LINGUIST List's efforts
to raise the funds necessary to continue our service to the community for
another year. You will also receive publicity and name recognition as your
prize is distributed to contributors! Your name will also be included in a
list of our Prize Donors, featured in our Fund Drive 2008 emails and on our
Fund Drive website pages.

If you would like to donate a prize to help our Fund Drive 2008 efforts,
please contact Maria Moreno-Rollins maria at linguistlist.org by Wednesday,
February 20th.

The LINGUIST List relies on your help to keep going and offering our
service to the community. Please consider donating a prize and letting
others know they can do the same. Your fellow linguists will thank you!

We look forward to your responses.

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Crew

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable