19.2089, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, TextWise, LLC

Tue Jul 1 14:11:24 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2089. Tue Jul 01 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2089, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, TextWise, LLC

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Jun-2008
From: Wen Ruan < wen at textwise.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Scientist, TextWise, LLC, Rochester/Syracuse, NY, USA

Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 10:09:04
From: Wen Ruan [wen at textwise.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2089.html&submissionid=183224&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: TextWise, LLC
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://www.textwise.com/

Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Position Overview

TextWise LLC is actively undertaking research, development, and
productization of semantic technologies.  As part of this effort, we have
an immediate need for a research scientist to perform the following duties:

-  Investigate and elaborate techniques for representing the semantic
content of natural language texts.
-  Develop language-specific and language-independent algorithms and
heuristics.
-  Develop software prototypes in order to test these algorithms and
heuristics using real world data.
-  Corpus analysis for the discovery of linguistic patterns and features.
-  Develop and maintain content databases for development and testing.
-  Design and perform evaluations of algorithms and prototypes.

Required qualifications for this position are as follows:

-  Masters or PhD in linguistics, computational linguistics, or closely
related area.
-  Competence in programming in one or more of the following: C/C++, Perl
or Java.
-  Experience in developing and applying corpus-based methods in text analysis.
-  Fluency in English.
-  Experience creating taxonomies and/or ontologies extremely desirable.
-  Experience in machine learning techniques a plus.
-  Fluency (speaking, reading, and language theory) of one foreign language
preferred.

TextWise is a small company with a start-up atmosphere.  The team style is
collaborative and high energy.  You will work daily with a team of
scientists.  In addition, you will also interact with the Software
Engineers, Quality Assurance, Project Management, and Sales.

This position reports to the Chief Science Officer.  Salary is commensurate
with experience.

Email Address for Applications: job_ref_500 at textwise.com
Contact Information:
	Wen Ruan