19.2192, Jobs: Comp Ling: Comp Linguist/Software Engineer, FAST

Wed Jul 9 15:30:24 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2192. Wed Jul 09 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2192, Jobs: Comp Ling: Comp Linguist/Software Engineer, FAST

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Jul-2008
From: Petra Maier-Meyer < petra.maier at fast.no >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Computational Linguist/Software Engineer, FAST, München, Germany

Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:24:52
From: Petra Maier-Meyer [petra.maier at fast.no]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2192.html&submissionid=183988&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: FAST - a Microsoft Subsidiary
Department: Product Development Linguistics
Job Location: , Germany
Web Address: http://www.fastsearch.com

Job Rank: Computational Linguist/Software Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Software Development

FAST, a Microsoft Subsidiary creates the search technology solutions that
are behind the scenes at the world's best known companies with the most
demanding search problems. In FAST you are in the center of one of the
fastest growing software markets - enterprise search.  FAST is the global
leader in this market.

We are passionate about technology. As innovators and pioneers we are
introducing our search technology into new products and solutions. We do
this together with Microsoft, our parent company, who touches the lives of
people all over the world. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices
throughout the world, FAST is redefining search.

We are looking for passionate and expert colleagues, who combine a deep
interest in advanced computing, software engineering and computational
linguistics with the ambition to deliver outstanding products and services.

We want to reinforce our team for linguistic development in Munich with:
-  Software Engineers
-  Computational linguists with a strong software engineering background
-  Knowledge engineers/Computational Linguists

Our requirements are:
-  Excellent programming skills (Python, Java, C#, C/C++)
-  Academic background in computer science, artificial intelligence,
computational linguistics or related field
-  Interest in natural language processing, information extraction and
search technology
-  Interest in modern object oriented design and development, and agile
methodology
-  Sound German and English language skills, knowledge of other languages
is a plus

You are:
-  An ambitious and creative personality
-  A team player
-  Focused on delivering high quality services and enterprise level software

FAST - a subsidiary of Microsoft is based right in the center of Munich. We
are offering a compelling workplace in a multi disciplinary and
international team with the unique opportunity to join one of the most
visionary, exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world,
working with advanced technology and great products that are truly changing
and improving the way our customers do business.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Petra Maier-Meyer
	Rablstr. 26
	München 81669