19.2221, Jobs: Applied Ling & Lang Pedagogy: Lecturer, University of Sheffield

Sun Jul 13 02:03:25 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2221. Sat Jul 12 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2221, Jobs: Applied Ling & Lang Pedagogy: Lecturer, University of Sheffield

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 10-Jul-2008
From: Joan Beal < J.C.Beal at sheffield.ac.uk >
Subject: Applied Linguistics & Language Pedagogy: Lecturer, University of Sheffield, UK

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:01:04
From: Joan Beal [J.C.Beal at sheffield.ac.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2221.html&submissionid=184162&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Sheffield
Department: School of English Lit, Language and Linguistics
Job Location: Sheffield, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.shef.ac.uk

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Pedagogy

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The School of English Literature, Language and Linguistics is seeking to
appoint a Lecturer in Applied Linguistics, contributing in particular to
our highly successful MA in Applied Linguistics. The successful candidate
will have teaching and research strengths in language pedagogy, and will
develop their own research-led courses. The post holder will also
contribute to BA teaching within the current Applied Linguistics portfolio,
and will undertake PhD supervision. Applicants should have successfully
completed a PhD (or have equivalent experience) and have a strong
publications profile.

The post is tenable from September 2008.  For full details on how to apply
please visit: http://www.shef.ac.uk/jobs/ quoting the job reference.  Job
Ref: R06486.

Salary:	£34,743 - £41,545 per annum with the potential to progress to £46,759

Application Deadline: 27-Jul-2008

Email Address for Applications: J.C.Beal at sheffield.ac.uk
Web Address for Applications: http://www.shef.ac.uk/jobs/
Contact Information: