19.2224, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Voice User Interface Designers, Voxify

Sun Jul 13 02:27:48 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2224. Sat Jul 12 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2224, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Voice User Interface Designers, Voxify

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-Jul-2008
From: Pauline Hu < jobs at voxify.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Voice User Interface Designers, Voxify, Inc., Alameda, CA, USA

Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:25:56
From: Pauline Hu [jobs at voxify.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2224.html&submissionid=184301&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Voxify, Inc.
Department: Voice User Interface (VUI)
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.voxify.com

Job Rank: Voice User Interface Designers

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Have you ever been frustrated trying to use an Automated Speech
application? Do you think most speech applications are either dumb or too
complicated? Ever wonder why that voice user interface recognized
everything but the obvious? Want to fix all this?

Voice User Interface Design is a high growth, highly specialized discipline
filled with challenges that will constantly employ your technical and
creative energy. Our Voice User Interfaces use the most advanced and
diverse speech recognition technologies available in the market today. We
take legacy contact center solutions to new levels of automation by
designing cutting edge speech applications. These speech applications take
mission critical calls for world-class companies, both large and small.

Join the industry-leading Voice User Interface design team! It is true,
Voxify puts in more hours of research and careful thought into its Voice
User Interfaces than others in the space and therefore has created a niche
in the market with superior applications. Think you have the ideas but
nowhere to go with them?  We at Voxify welcome ideas, the new ones, the
ones that are way out there as well as the simple and elegant ones. We
believe in creating world-class applications and then making them even better.

We are now expanding the VUI team and are looking for eager recruits to
learn the trade as VUI Designers as well as experienced Senior VUI
Designers. You will be expected to deliver high-end customer applications
and carry out independent research in parallel. A typical day here may
start with a customer call with a Fortune 500 company, followed by a quick
burst of design work by noon, running analytics on one of your previous
applications in the afternoon and presenting your newly found data from
last week's research to the team by evening. You'll be making decisions for
all contact solution related problems for the customer you are designing
applications for. If you are looking for a position with a great balance of
technical and creative work, you'll love this one.  If you already design
voice applications, but are frustrated with the tools and processes that
you use, we think you'll really enjoy the power and expressiveness of our
patented Conversation Engine development environment.

We are seeking highly creative candidates with a background in Linguistics,
Computational Linguistics, Application Design or pure Computer Science.
Familiarity and experience in Call Flow Design, Principles of Interface
Usability, Grammar Tuning, Prompt Design and Voice Actor Coaching are
highly desirable. Join this team to challenge the conventions - in fact, we
encourage you to set new ones.

If you think you have the drive and passion for speech, language and
design, email us your resume right now to the application email listed
below. We look forward to hearing from you!

Email Address for Applications: jobs at voxify.com
Contact Information:
	Human Resources Director Pauline Hu
	Email: jobs at voxify.com