19.2247, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Programmer, Basis Technology Corp.

Tue Jul 15 14:49:42 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2247. Tue Jul 15 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2247, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Programmer, Basis Technology Corp.

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 14-Jul-2008
From:  Lucius < melissa at basistech.com >
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Programmer, Basis Technology Corp., Cambridge, MA, USA

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:46:25
From:  Lucius [melissa at basistech.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2247.html&submissionid=184536&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Basis Technology Corp.
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.basistech.com

Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Basis Technology has an opening for an experienced Software Engineer with
Natural Language Processing expertise to work in our Development group. In
this position, you will join leaders in text analysis to build and enhance
linguistic capabilities of our products for document analysis and entity
processing.

This is a full-time position and is available immediately. We are located
in Cambridge, MA (near the Alewife T stop). The Company offers a
competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal
opportunity employer.

Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
-  Design, train, and evaluate statistical models for text analysis using
large corpora
-  Implement production-quality Java and C/C++ following principles of
software engineering
-  Collaborate with an Agile team to both research new ideas and to develop
them into products

Qualifications:
-  MS or BS in relevant subject area (e.g., Computer Science)
-  2-5 years programming experience in Java or C/C++ or similar
object-oriented language
-  2-5 years experience with NLP / Computational Linguistics / Machine Learning
-  Knowledge of Python, Perl, Ruby or a similar language
-  Speaking, reading and writing ability in languages other than English is
a plus, especially Asian or Middle Eastern languages
-  Able and willing to absorb new information quickly and switch gears easily
-  Excitement for elegant ideas and high-quality implementations

Please send resumes and inquiries to the application email listed below
with "NLP Software Engineer" in the subject line. No agency submissions please.

Email Address for Applications: jobs-eng-2008 at basistech.com
Contact Information
	jobs-eng
	Email: jobs-eng-2008 at basistech.com