19.2368, Jobs: English & Socioling: Post Doc, Liverpool Hope U

Tue Jul 29 16:25:03 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2368. Tue Jul 29 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2368, Jobs: English & Socioling: Post Doc, Liverpool Hope U

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 29-Jul-2008
From: Shauna Sweeney < sweenes1 at hope.ac.uk >
Subject: English & Sociolinguistics: Post Doctoral Teaching Fellow, Liverpool Hope University, United Kingdom

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:22:18
From: Shauna Sweeney [sweenes1 at hope.ac.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2368.html&submissionid=185541&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Liverpool Hope University
Department: English
Job Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.hope.ac.uk/

Job Rank: Post Doctoral Teaching Fellow in English Language

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Sociolinguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Liverpool Hope University is proud of its past and ambitious for its future
and it is in this context that we are now looking for suitably-qualified
scholars to join our University as Post Doctoral Teaching Fellows.

This is an excellent developmental opportunity, giving you the chance to
gain full-time experience of University life, teach a range of areas within
your subject and contribute to the activities of a research-active
community. For some posts there may be the opportunity to work with a
senior academic on a specific research project.

Liverpool is the European Capital of Culture 2008. The city offers
excellent transportation links, including an international airport, and
hosts some of the best cultural events outside London. The University is
well connected with a host of academic libraries and research collections
all within easy reach.

This is an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious academic community
that has vision for the future and a commitment to excellence in both
teaching and research.  We are looking for persons who will be enthusiastic
and committed to the University's mission and values, keen to take full
advantage of the development opportunities offered and prepared to assist
in the wider task of developing Liverpool Hope into what we intend it to
be: a fresh and vibrant, research-informed, teaching-led University that
provides a distinctive, top-quality and all-round educational experience.
If you have these qualities, drive and commitment we would like to hear
from you.

This is a Post-Doctoral position and a PhD is in all cases required.
Applications from persons who are nearing completion of a PhD will be
considered, but a PhD will need to have been completed prior to the post
being taken up.

Full job details are available via our website listed below.

Please note that interviews for those short-listed will be on Thursday,
14th August 2008.

Application Deadline: 08-Aug-2010
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Mr Kieran Maguire