19.2389, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Programmer, matchmine, LLC

Thu Jul 31 17:09:06 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2389. Thu Jul 31 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2389, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Programmer, matchmine, LLC

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Jul-2008
From: Amy Cohn < acohn at matchmine.com >
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Programmer, matchmine, LLC, Needham, MA, USA

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:07:48
From: Amy Cohn [acohn at matchmine.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2389.html&submissionid=185642&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: matchmine, LLC
Department: Science
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.matchmine.com

Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Science Engineer - Natural Lanuage Processing/Algorithm Development

Natural Language Processing, Java, Database, Algorithm, Science

Are you someone with a background in Science, a passion for problem
solving, and programming skills? Do you want to work with a small group of
scientists examining the relationships between consumers and their
interests in media as a Natural Language Science Engineer, identifying new
data sources, then own and update the scoring code?

Do you want to be part of an experienced team pioneering new technology in
the consumer media space? Want your creativity and ingenuity on the front
lines of our offering and to directly impact the success of a business? Do
you want to be valued for the contributions you make? Then we have the job
for you.

Here at matchmine you will:
-  Own and implement critical components of our media recommendation system
-  Take part in all aspects of algorithm development
-  Identify and implement new data sources for scoring
-  Work closely with other members of the Science team to improve the
quality of recommendations

You bring:
-  Experience with Natural Language Processing
-  Experience coding Java
-  Knowledge of a database query language such as MySQL
-  Skills to effectively bridge between theoretical science and software
engineering
-  Ability to work well within a dynamic, date-driven, goal-oriented culture
-  3+years experience and a BS/MS in Science, Mathematics or a related field

matchmine is a well-funded, Web 2.0 startup, developing a personalized
media discovery platform. Our product will get to know what you like, and
then find the video, music, news, film and other content you'd love to find
yourself, if only you had the time. It's like having a best friend whose
full time gig is to send you great stuff.

We offer competitive salary/benefits and a great opportunity to grow with
the company. Not to mention the pizza lunches, Wii sports tournaments,
brain-bashes, month-end meetings at happy hour and all the snacks you could
possibly want.

Email Address for Applications: acohn at matchmine.com
Contact Information:
	Amy Cohn