19.1746, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Lecturer - Professor, University of Exeter

Sun Jun 1 14:16:01 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1746. Sun Jun 01 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1746, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Lecturer - Professor, University of Exeter

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-May-2008
From: Anna Verhamme < A.Verhamme at exeter.ac.uk >
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Lecturer - Professor, University of Exeter, United Kingdom

Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:14:34
From: Anna Verhamme [A.Verhamme at exeter.ac.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1746.html&submissionid=180284&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Exeter
Department: School of Education and Lifelong Learning
Job Location: Exeter, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.education.exeter.ac.uk/

Job Rank: 1 appointment ranging from Lecturer to Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL

Exeter is one of the UK's most popular and respected universities.
Committed to excellence in research and teaching, we also embrace change,
new technology and innovation. We set ourselves high standards in
everything that we do and are confident of our position in the increasingly
competitive HE market.

All four university league tables firmly place Exeter in the top 20 of more
than 100 UK universities. Exeter is listed 14th in The Guardian, 17th in
the Times Good University guide and the Sunday Times and 19th in the Good
University Guide, published in the Independent. The University scores
highly for student satisfaction, completion rates, and for students
achieving good honours degrees (Firsts or 2:1s). It has won three Queen's
Anniversary Prizes and in November 2007 the University was named Times
Higher University of the Year 2007-08.

One of the largest schools in the University, the School of Education and
Lifelong Learning is based on the St. Lukes Campus close to the heart of
this historic City. The School is one of the most highly regarded schools
of education in the country, with a strong international reputation both
for the quality of its research and its teaching. To maintain and enhance
this position, we are seeking to make five new appointments at levels
ranging from Lecturer to Professor. Level of appointments will be
determined according to qualifications and experience and all posts will be
available from September 2008 onwards.

We are looking for dynamic staff who will contribute to our research-led
teaching, to our outstanding doctoral programmes and the vibrant research
culture of the School. The key areas we are looking to appoint to are:
TESOL/Applied Linguistics. The appointment salary for all posts is
negotiable dependent upon qualifications and experience with minimum
starting salaries of: Lectureship appointments (Grade F) £30,763; Senior
Lectureship (Grade G) £37,835; Associate Professorship (Grade H) £47,927.
Professorial applications will be subject to individual negotiation.

The University currently provides and is further developing its excellent
range of staff facilities and benefits including an established final
salary pension scheme.
Potential applicants who wish to have an informal discussion about the post
before deciding whether to apply may contact the Head of School, Professor
Debra Myhill.
An application pack covering these opportunities is available from the
application address listed below.
Applications for Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor should be
made by e-mail to j.salven at exeter.ac.uk
For Lectureship level applicants please quote reference: LN1600
For Senior Lectureship level applicants please quote reference: SLN1600
For Associate Professorship applicants please quote reference: APN1600
Professorial applications should be sent by e-mail to m.a.wills at ex.ac.uk
quoting reference 9213

The selection process will take place over Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd
July 2008. The University of Exeter promotes diversity in its workforce
and, whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, is particularly
keen to attract applications from women and from candidates with ethnic
minority backgrounds.

Application Deadline: 12-Jun-2008

Web Address for Applications: http://www.admin.ex.ac.uk/personnel/jobs/N1600.pdf
Contact Information: