19.1752, Jobs: Neurolinguistics: Post Doc, Northwestern University

Mon Jun 2 16:45:45 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1752. Mon Jun 02 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1752, Jobs: Neurolinguistics: Post Doc, Northwestern University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Jun-2008
From: Cynthia Thompson < ckthom at northwestern.edu >
Subject: Neurolinguistics: Post Doc, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA

Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:43:56
From: Cynthia Thompson [ckthom at northwestern.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1752.html&submissionid=180563&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Northwestern University
Department: Communication Sciences and Disorders
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: http://www.northwestern.edu/

Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Neurolinguistics

Applications are invited for post-doctoral research fellows in the area of
neurolinguistics to study normal and disordered sentence processing and
production and to chart breakdown and recovery patterns in agrammatism.
Studies involve functional neuroimaging, eyetracking and other
psycholinguistic research methods. Funding for the positions is part of a
large-scale NIH supported project.

Strong background in language science, research experience, and PhD in
cognitive science, communication sciences and disorders, linguistics,
psychology, or related field required; experience with fMRI and/or
eyetracking desirable.   Post-doctoral positions are for either 2 or 3
years, with potential for advancing to Research Associate.

For more information see Aphasia and Neurolinguistics Research Laboratory
website: www.communication.northwestern.edu/csd/research/aphasia/.
Applications accepted until July 15, 2008.  Send CV, cover letter, and two
letters of recommendation to Cynthia Thompson, via Mary Cosic at the
application email listed below. Start date from August 2008 to January, 1,
2009.

Application Deadline: 15-Jul-2008

Email Address for Applications: m-cosic at northwestern.edu
Contact Information: