19.1869, Jobs: Syntax: Researcher/Lecturer, University of Potsdam

Thu Jun 12 19:56:48 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1869. Thu Jun 12 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1869, Jobs: Syntax: Researcher/Lecturer, University of Potsdam

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Jun-2008
From: Gisbert Fanselow < fanselow at uni-potsdam.de >
Subject: Syntax: Researcher/Lecturer, University of Potsdam, Germany

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:54:19
From: Gisbert Fanselow [fanselow at uni-potsdam.de]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1869.html&submissionid=181687&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Potsdam
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Potsdam, Germany
Web Address: http://ling.uni-potsdam.de

Job Rank: Researcher/Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Syntax

There are two vacant positions at the Linguistics Department of the
University of Potsdam, for researchers/lecturers (Wissenschaftlicher
Assistent) in the field of syntax.

Applicants should have a specialization in theoretical (generative) syntax
and/or comparative syntax. They should have an interest in a close
cooperation with the Collaborative Research Center SFB 632
(www.sfb632.uni-potsdam.de/). The jobs come with a 4 hour teaching load per
semester related to our BSc and MSc programs. Applicants should have
finished their dissertation in the field of syntax.

One position will have to be filled by Oct 1st 2008. The person on this
position should teach a course in the winter term, and should be able to
teach in German in summer 2009. The other position can be filled around Jan
1st 2009. The person on this position should be able to teach in German in
fall/winter 2009.

Payment depends on various factors such as age and marital status. An
average employee starts with around €2800 (before taxes) in the first year
and reaches €3800 per month in their fifth year of employment.

The Potsdam department of linguistics is one of the biggest institutions of
its kind in Germany, and one of the most successful ones in terms of
external funding. The Linguistics Department in Potsdam has a close
relation to the thriving neighboring linguistics departments in Berlin
(Free University, Humboldt University).

Shortlisted applicants are likely to be invited to job interviews in late
July.

Please attach your CV and relevant papers to your application.

Application Deadline: 01-Jul-2008

Email Address for Applications: fanselow at uni-potsdam.de
Contact Information:
	Gisbert Fanselow