19.1885, FYI: AAAS: Linguistics & Language Sciences Web Page

Fri Jun 13 19:17:45 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1885. Fri Jun 13 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1885, FYI: AAAS: Linguistics & Language Sciences Web Page

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-Jun-2008
From: Frederick Newmeyer < fjn at u.washington.edu >
Subject: AAAS: Linguistics & Language Sciences Web Page

Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:16:42
From: Frederick Newmeyer [fjn at u.washington.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1885.html&submissionid=181602&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

The Linguistics & Language Sciences Web Page for our section of the America
Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) is now up and running.
Check it out at: http://www.aaas.org/aboutaaas/organization/sections/ling.shtml

Student memberships are only $75 and the magazine SCIENCE is included. You
can get an on-line subscription to SCIENCE by becoming a member on-line.
SCIENCE is one of the best ways to keep up with major developments in
related sciences, and with the news that other folks are reading about
developments in linguistics. AAAS is meeting in Chicago next year, Feb
12-16. We'll be posting a list of symposia of interest to linguists when we
know the schedule.