19.1985, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Texas A&M University

Mon Jun 23 15:02:08 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1985. Mon Jun 23 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1985, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Texas A&M University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Jun-2008
From: Alfred Bendixen < abendixen at tamu.edu >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Texas A&M University, College Station, USA

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:00:53
From: Alfred Bendixen [abendixen at tamu.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1985.html&submissionid=182441&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Texas A&M University
Department: English
Job Location: Texas, USA
Web Address: http://www-english.tamu.edu/

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The English dept at Texas A&M University currently has two unstaffed
linguistics class for the Fall 2008 semester, and we would be interested in
hearing from qualified individuals who might be interested in teaching one
or both of these courses.

We need faculty to cover our English 209/Linguistics 209 (introduction to
Linguistics), which is scheduled for MWF 9:10-10 am and our Linguistics 425
(Intro to Applied Linguistics), which is offered MW 4:10-5:25.

Our budget permits us to hire either a non-tenure track lecturer who would
teach these two courses plus a third course in composition or the
introduction to literature (Annual salary of about $28,800 plus benefits)
or to hire an individual who would teach one of these Linguistics courses
at an appropriate part-time rate.  We prefer someone with the PhD in hand
but will consider advanced graduate students who are close to completing
their PhD requirements.  Any appointment would be for the Fall semester
only, but it is likely that the department will have needs for linguists in
future semesters.

Those interested should email a short letter expressing their interest and
a vita to Alfred Bendixen, Associate Department Head.

Email Address for Applications: abendixen at tamu.edu
Contact Information:
	Alfred Bendixen
	Email: abendixen at tamu.edu