19.2072, Jobs: Phonology: Lecturer, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)

Mon Jun 30 13:43:50 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2072. Mon Jun 30 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2072, Jobs: Phonology: Lecturer, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-Jun-2008
From: Mary Hoang < hoang at humnet.ucla.edu >
Subject: Phonology: Lecturer, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), USA

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:41:52
From: Mary Hoang [hoang at humnet.ucla.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2072.html&submissionid=183001&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Phonology

The UCLA Department of Linguistics is seeking to fill either a one-year,
full-time lecturer position or a series of part-time teaching positions in
the area of Phonology for the 2008-2009 academic year.

The one-year, full-time lecturer position would involve teaching 5 courses
(over 3 quarters), including two offerings of introductory undergraduate
phonology, one of intermediate undergraduate phonology, and two other
courses to be negotiated. Salary is approximately $50,000 for the academic
year.

If we are unable to fill the one-year lecturer position, we will seek to
hire one or more instructors for the following courses: introductory
undergraduate phonology (twice: Fall Quarter 2008, Winter Quarter 2009) and
intermediate undergraduate phonology (Spring Quarter 2009, could also be
taught in Winter). Pay level is approximately $8,000 per course.

Please send applications in electronic form to Prof. Bruce Hayes.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, and whatever information
the applicant may wish to include as evidence of a strong teaching record
(these may be course evaluation data, course materials, and/or
recommendation letters). Please specify whether you are interested in the
full-time lecturer position or the part-time position (or both); for the
part-time position, please indicate which course(s) and quarter(s).

UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and has a strong
commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty
and staff.

	Professor Bruce Hayes
	Email: bhayes at humnet.ucla.edu