19.2085, FYI: Donations for Computational Linguistics Olympiad

Mon Jun 30 19:05:50 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2085. Mon Jun 30 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2085, FYI: Donations for Computational Linguistics Olympiad

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 30-Jun-2008
From: James Pustejovsky < jamesp at cs.brandeis.edu >

Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:04:33
From: James Pustejovsky [jamesp at cs.brandeis.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2085.html&submissionid=182943&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Now accepting donations to send US winners at NACLO to the International
Linguistics Olympiad (ILO)

Eight top scorers from the March, 2008 North American Computational
Linguistics Olympiad (NACLO) Invitational competition will be going on to
participate in the International Linguistics Olympiad to be held in
Bulgaria, August 4-9, 2008. Please help support their trip.

We are close to our fundraising goal -- $22,000 out of the $25,000 we need
-- and every little bit will help. The contestants are remarkable students
from all over the US.

To learn how you can help, visit the *NAMCLO* website at
http://www.naclo.cs.cmu.edu/

We have already received sponsorship money from:

- The National Science Foundation
- Google
- Cambridge University Press
- Linguist List
- The North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics
- M*Modal
- Just Systems Evans Research
- Vivisimo
- PowerSet