19.731, Support: French & Pragmatics & Semantics: PhD Student, U Manchester

Tue Mar 4 17:30:58 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-731. Tue Mar 04 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.731, Support: French & Pragmatics & Semantics: PhD Student, U Manchester

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 03-Mar-2008
From: Amanda Mathews < amanda.mathews at manchester.ac.uk >
Subject: French & Pragmatics & Semantics: PhD Student, University of Manchester, United Kingdom

Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 12:29:01
From: Amanda Mathews [amanda.mathews at manchester.ac.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-731.html&submissionid=171182&topicid=12&msgnumber=1

Institution/Organization: University of Manchester
Department: School of Languages, Linguistics and Cultures
Web Address: http://www.llc.manchester.ac.uk/postgraduate/

Level: PhD

Duties: Teaching

Specialty Areas: Pragmatics; Semantics

Required Language(s): French (fra)

The School's postgraduate community is one of the UK's largest and most diverse
in the UK, enjoying state-of-the-art facilities and excellent support within a
high-quality research environment. In step with our continuing expansion, we are
enhancing our support for students registering for a research degree (PhD) in
2008-9. In addition to our current 20 Graduate Teaching Fellowships (GTFs), we
are offering a Graduate Teaching Fellowship (Full-time) in French

Please note, the GTF must be undertaken in conjunction with a PhD programme of
study at the University of Manchester and applicants for the GTF must possess
relevant teaching experience.

The full-time GTF will be required to teach for 6 hours per week.

The full-time GTF is open to Home/EU and International applicants and comprises
three elements: the payment of full Home/EU or International fees, a monthly
salary for teaching and a bursary.

The application criteria for the GTF are as follows:

1.You must apply and have been accepted for a PhD programme of study in the
School of Languages, Linguistics and Cultures. Applicants must be holding an
offer of a place by the closing date specified in order to be included in the
competition.

2.You must possess previous teaching experience.

*Please note that the holder of the French GTF will be required to register for
a PhD in the area of French Linguistics under the supervision of Professor
Maj-Britt Hansen, email Maj-Britt.MosegaardHansen at manchester.ac.uk

For general information and guidance regarding entry requirements and applying
for a PhD programme of study, please contact Michelle Fenlon, the Postgraduate
Admissions Officer; telephone +44 (0)161 275 3559, email listed below.

The closing date for receipt of the GTF Application Form is Friday 16 May 2008.
Short-listed applicants will be invited for interview before the end of June
2008. Please note, strong preference will be given to new PhD applicants and
only short-listed candidates will be contacted.

How to Apply:

-  Applications for postgraduate PhD programmes must be submitted (with all the
required documentation) using the online application form from the University's
website:

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/postgraduate/howtoapply/

-  The Funding Application Form and the University of Manchester GTF Application
Form must be downloaded and submitted to the Postgraduate Office (details
overleaf). The Forms are available from:

http://www.llc.manchester.ac.uk/postgraduate/funding/

-  Please remember to enclose a full CV with the GTF Application Form
-  Return the GTF Application Form and Funding Application Form to the following
address: Postgraduate Office, School of Languages, Linguistics and Cultures,
Samuel Alexander Building, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester
M13 9PL, United Kingdom
-  Please quote reference number GTF/2102

Application Deadline: 16-May-2008

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Attn: Mrs Michelle Fenlon
	Postgradute Office, School of Languages, Linguistics and Cultures
	University of Manchester
	Manchester M13 9PL
	United Kingdom

Web Address for Applications: http://www.llc.manchester.ac.uk/postgraduate/funding/