19.746, Confs: Historical Ling,Lexicography,Pragmatics,English Language/Italy

Thu Mar 6 18:49:07 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-746. Thu Mar 06 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.746, Confs: Historical Ling,Lexicography,Pragmatics,English Language/Italy

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse <morse at linguistlist.org>

Date: 06-Mar-2008
From: Nicholas Brownlees < nicholas.brownlees at unifi.it >
Subject: English Historical Linguistics in Italy

Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 13:47:18
From: Nicholas Brownlees [nicholas.brownlees at unifi.it]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-746.html&submissionid=171415&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

English Historical Linguistics in Italy
Short Title: SLIN14

Date: 22-Jan-2009 - 24-Jan-2009
Location: Florence, Italy
Contact: John Denton
Contact Email: jdenton58 at hotmail.com
Meeting URL: http://www.slin14.info

Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics; Lexicography; Pragmatics;
Sociolinguistics; Translation

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce that the 14th National Conference on English
Historical Linguistics in Italy (SLIN14) will be hosted by the University of
Florence and that Laura Wright and  Ingrid Tieken-Boon van Ostade have accepted
our invitation to deliver plenary lectures.

The topic of the conference presupposes contributions relating to texts and
genres concerning the area of public and private communication. The
contributions will focus on synchronic/diachronic aspects of texts and genres
ranging from Old English to Late Modern English.