19.888, Confs: Translation, Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics/Germany

Mon Mar 17 16:28:52 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-888. Mon Mar 17 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.888, Confs: Translation, Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics/Germany

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse <morse at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Mar-2008
From: Juliane Walter < juliane.walter at icwe.net >
Subject: Languages and the Media

Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:27:06
From: Juliane Walter [juliane.walter at icwe.net]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-888.html&submissionid=172447&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Languages and the Media

Date: 29-Oct-2008 - 31-Oct-2008
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact: Astrid Mendoza
Contact Email: info at languages-media.com
Meeting URL: http://www.languages-media.com

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Translation

Meeting Description:

Languages & The Media is a bi-annual international conference dedicated to the
subject of language transfer in a changing media landscape (Video, DVD, digital
TV and cinema).

The conference themes include latest developments in dubbing, subtitling,
voice-over and translation for the media. Participants will discuss national and
international language policies in the media, multilingual access to global
media as well as the distribution and quality of content.

The conference is accompanied by an exhibition where vendors and manufacturers
of language services and technology products are represented. The conference
language is English.

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $60,000. This money will go to help keep
the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Fund Drive
2008 LINGUIST List Circus and join us on our many shows!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2008/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as such
can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered 501(c)
Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These donations
can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax
payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your
financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match any
gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your contacting
your human resources department and sending us a form that the EMU Foundation fills
in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure
that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an extra penny.
Please take a moment to check if your company operates such a program.