19.985, Confs: General Linguistics/USA

Mon Mar 24 22:31:47 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-985. Mon Mar 24 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.985, Confs: General Linguistics/USA

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse <morse at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-Mar-2008
From: Rebecca Shields < rashields at wisc.edu >
Subject: Workshop in General Linguistics

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:29:55
From: Rebecca Shields [rashields at wisc.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-985.html&submissionid=173045&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Workshop in General Linguistics
Short Title: WIGL

Date: 04-Apr-2008 - 05-Apr-2008
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Contact: Rebecca Shields
Contact Email: rashields at wisc.edu
Meeting URL: http://ling.wisc.edu/lso/index.html

WIGL is an annual conference sponsored by the Linguistics Student Organization
at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The workshop is open to presentations on
any aspect of human language grammar. The proceedings are published in the LSO
Working Papers in Linguistics.

Schedule for WIGL 6

April 4-5, 2008

1418 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Friday, April 4

9:30
Registration

10:00
Joshua Bowles, University of Utah
Evidentiality and Agreement Interaction in Tuyuka: A Generative Approach

10:30
Soonhyuck Park, Pukyong National University
Economy beyond FL: evidence from scrambling and deletion

11:00
Break

11:15
Dingcheng Li, University of Minnesota
V-raising and Hierarchical Modal Projection Hypothesis of Post-verbal Modal de
in Sichuan Mandarin

11:45
Carolina Bailey, University of Wisconsin-Madison
A Case of Mistaken Identities: Overt Subjects and Null Pro

12:15
Lunch

2:00
Hyowon Song, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Generalizations about the relationship between passive types, and case marking
systems & basic word order

2:30
Tsuyoshi Sawada, University of Connecticut
A Modification of Marantz' Vacuous Affixation Principle

3:00
Monica-Alexandrina Irimia, University of Toronto
Analyzing adverbial agreement

3:30
Break

Invited Speaker

3:45
Yafei Li, University of Wisconsin-Madison
The minimalist LF is a tranquil LF

Saturday, April 5

9:30
Registration

10:00
Karen Park, University of Oxford
Evidence of a Fijian Reflexive and its Implications in Anaphoric Binding Theory

10:30
Suwon Yoon, University of Chicago
Noone vs. Anyone: a compositional analysis for indefinites

11:00
Break

11:15
Rea Peltola, University of Helsinki
Subordinate verbal moods in Finnish and French

11:45
Hyun-Jong Hahm, The University of Texas at Austin
Pointing Signs and Plurality

For more information and schedule updates, please visit
http://ling.wisc.edu/lso/lso-wigl.html

Sponsored by the Linguistics Student Organization of the University of
Wisconsin-Madison

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $60,000. This money will go to help keep
the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Fund Drive
2008 LINGUIST List Circus and join us on our many shows!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2008/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as such
can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered 501(c)
Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These donations
can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax
payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your
financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match any
gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your contacting
your human resources department and sending us a form that the EMU Foundation fills
in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure
that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an extra penny.
Please take a moment to check if your company operates such a program.