19.1008, Jobs: Urdu & Pashto & Lexicography: Linguist/Lexicographer, HCC, Inc

Wed Mar 26 14:32:30 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1008. Wed Mar 26 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1008, Jobs: Urdu & Pashto & Lexicography: Linguist/Lexicographer, HCC, Inc

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 25-Mar-2008
From: Mary Brick < linguist_applications at hotmail.com >
Subject: Urdu & Pashto & Lexicography: Linguist/Lexicographer, HCC, Inc, telecommute

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:29:23
From: Mary Brick [linguist_applications at hotmail.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1008.html&submissionid=173226&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: HCC, Inc
Job Rank: Linguist/Lexicographer

Specialty Areas: Lexicography

Required Language(s): Pashto, Southern (pbt)
                      Pashto, Northern (pbu)
                      Pashto, Central (pst)
                      Urdu (urd)

HCC, Inc is searching for U.S. citizens who are fluent speakers of Pashto
and/or Urdu to assist in populating English/Pashto and English/Urdu lexicon
databases.

The work consists of editing translated Pashto/Urdu to English
words/phrases, compiling slang lexicons, and adding new words and set
phrases in a primitive word for word translation web-based system. Work
schedules will be flexible and work will be performed at your chosen time
of day. Since the work will be performed at your location,access to a
multi-language keyword computer and the internet is necessary.
Employment is requested for several months (at least through September
2008) with continued employment for participants performing above average.
An aptitude test may be administered to qualify applicants.

If you might be interested in this position, please send in English
your:resume, salary requirements and references to the e-mail provided
below. Thank you for your time.

Application Deadline: 30-Jun-2008 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: linguist_applications at hotmail.com
Contact Information:
	Mary Brick
	Email: linguist_applications at hotmail.com

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $60,000. This money will go to help keep
the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out our Fund Drive
2008 LINGUIST List Circus and join us on our many shows!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2008/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donate.html

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as such
can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered 501(c)
Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These donations
can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax
payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your
financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match any
gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your contacting
your human resources department and sending us a form that the EMU Foundation fills
in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative procedure
that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without costing you an extra penny.
Please take a moment to check if your company operates such a program.