19.1464, FYI: New Book Series:Routledge Studies in Multimodality

Thu May 1 15:45:27 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1464. Thu May 01 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1464, FYI: New Book Series:Routledge Studies in Multimodality

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 01-May-2008
From: Kay O'Halloran < ellkoh at nus.edu.sg >

Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 11:44:23
From: Kay O'Halloran [ellkoh at nus.edu.sg]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1464.html&submissionid=177081&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

"Routledge Studies in Multimodality" New Book Series Announcement

The study of language alone is insufficient for the analysis and
theorisation of contemporary discourse practices, particularly in new
media. In response to this need, we are pleased to announce the Routledge
Studies in Multimodality series, which will publish cutting-edge research
which advances knowledge of multimodal resources such as language, visual
images, gesture, action, music, sound, 3-D artefacts, architecture and
space, and the ways these resources integrate to create meaning in
multimodal objects and events. By publishing the most innovative work in
the field, the series is ideally positioned to bring linguistics and
traditional language sectors out into the open to confront the challenges
posed by the information age.

If you're interested in submitting a proposal to this new and dynamic
series, please contact: Kay O'Halloran (ellkoh at nus.edu.sg) or Erica Wetter
(Erica.Wetter at taylorandfrancis.com)

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis
                     General Linguistics