19.1471, Jobs: English & Sociolinguistics: Lecturer, Queen Mary, U London

Fri May 2 16:04:59 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1471. Fri May 02 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1471, Jobs: English & Sociolinguistics: Lecturer, Queen Mary, U London

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 01-May-2008
From: J Evans < j.k.evans at qmul.ac.uk >
Subject: English & Sociolinguistics: Lecturer, Queen Mary, University of London, United Kingdom

Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 12:02:35
From: J Evans [j.k.evans at qmul.ac.uk]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1471.html&submissionid=177103&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Queen Mary, University of London
Department: School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.sllf.qmul.ac.uk/

Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The School of Languages, Linguistics and Film at Queen Mary, University of
London, intends to appoint a Lecturer in Linguistics.  This appointment is
to be made in the context of the new BA programme in English Language and
Linguistics.  Minimum starting salary will be £35,554 per annum.

The postholder will have expertise that will enable the School to
consolidate and develop its profile in general linguistics and in English
linguistics, and that will strengthen one of the main research groups in
the Linguistics department (sociolinguistics, and syntax/semantics) or the
links between the two.  The successful candidate will also be expected to
contribute to the life of the School in a more general way, by undertaking
appropriate administrative duties.  We expect that you will be engaged in
producing and publishing high-level research.

Benefits for this full-time indefinite post include, 30 days annual leave,
an interest free season ticket loan, childcare vouchers' scheme and a
contributory, final salary pension scheme.

For further particulars of the post and an application form, please visit
the School website (listed above) or send an A4 SAE clearly marked with the
reference number 08150/KK to the Recruitment Administrator, School of
Languages, Linguistics and Film, Queen Mary, University of London, Mile End
Road, London E1 4NS, United Kingdom.  Alternatively, visit the Human
Resources web site at:

http://www.hr.qmul.ac.uk/vacancies

Working Towards Equal Opportunities

Application Deadline: 16-May-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Recruitment Administrator
	School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
	Queen Mary, University of London
	Mile End Road
	London E1 4NS
	United Kingdom