19.1586, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Instructor, University of Kassel

Mon May 19 14:58:55 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1586. Mon May 19 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1586, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Instructor, University of Kassel

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-May-2008
From: Winfried Nöth < noeth at uni-kassel.de >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics: Instructor, University of Kassel, Hessen, Germany

Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:57:19
From: Winfried Nöth [noeth at uni-kassel.de]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1586.html&submissionid=178801&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Kassel
Department: Modern Languages and Literature
Job Location: Kassel, Germany
Web Address: http://www.uni-kassel.de

Job Rank: Instructor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of Modern Languages and Literature at the University of
Kassel (Germany) has a vacancy for the post of English Language Instructor
(BAT IIa), starting October 1st, 2008. Reference number 10074 (Stellen-Nr.:
21018077).

Responsibilities:
Teaching English at all levels with a teaching load of 18 hours per week,
setting and grading language tests and exams at all levels, collaborating
in the improvement of our language teaching programs, advising students in
matters pertaining to their language learning.

Qualifications:
-  English as a native language
-  Very good knowledge of German
-  MA degree or equivalent in a relevant field
-  Proven experience in teaching English, preferably at university level
-  Evidence of participation in TEFL programs or equivalent.

The University of Kassel strives for the equal opportunity of the
employment of men and women and for the adjustment of existing
disproportions concerning the employment of women in teaching and research
positions. Qualified women are thus encouraged to apply. Handicapped
candidates will be given preference, all else being equal. Applications in
German with the usual documentation and the above mentioned reference
number should be sent to the application address listed below.

Application Deadline: 08-Jun-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Präsident
	Universität Kassel