19.1596, Jobs: General Linguistics: Visiting Lecturer, Indiana U/Bloomington

Tue May 20 14:28:00 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1596. Tue May 20 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1596, Jobs: General Linguistics: Visiting Lecturer, Indiana U/Bloomington

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-May-2008
From: Jan Cobb < mjcobb at indiana.edu >
Subject: General Linguistics: Visiting Lecturer, Indiana University/Bloomington, IN, USA

Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:25:30
From: Jan Cobb [mjcobb at indiana.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1596.html&submissionid=178841&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Indiana University/Bloomington
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Indiana, USA
Web Address: http://www.indiana.edu/~lingdept

Job Rank: Visiting Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology

Visiting Lecturer Position in Linguistics, 2008-2009

One year Visiting Lecturer position in the Department of Linguistics,
2008-2009 academic year.   Applicants must have PhD in hand by September
2008.  Teaching load is four courses for the academic year. Our teaching
needs include some combination of computational linguistics (specifically a
programming course, preferably PERL or Python), phonology/phonetics
(introductory undergraduate courses and/or a graduate phonology seminar),
introductory language and linguistics, and possibly a course in
sociolinguistics. Preference to applicants with demonstrated teaching
effectiveness.  Salary is $40,000 and includes fringe benefits; see the IU
Human Resource Services website:

www.indiana.edu/~uhrs/benefits/neweeo-profe.html

Send application materials, including statement about research and teaching
interests, sample teaching evaluations, CV, sample publications, and three
letters of recommendation by June 16th to the application address listed
below.  Indiana University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer.  Indiana University encourages applications from women and
minorities.

Application Deadline: 16-Jun-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Jan Cobb