19.1630, FYI: Call: New Book Series Task-Based Language Teaching

Wed May 21 16:45:44 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1630. Wed May 21 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1630, FYI: Call: New Book Series Task-Based Language Teaching

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Ann Sawyer <sawyer at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-May-2008
From: Paul Peranteau < paul at benjamins.com >
Subject: New Book Series Task-Based Language Teaching: Issues, Research and Practice

Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 12:43:45
From: Paul Peranteau [paul at benjamins.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1630.html&submissionid=179123&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Subject: Applied Linguistics
New Book Series
Task-Based Language Teaching: Issues, Research and Practice

Editors
Martin Bygate, University of Lancaster
John M. Norris, University of Hawaii at Manoa
Kris Van den Branden, KU Leuven

ISSN: in appl.

Task-Based Language Teaching (TBLT) is an educational framework for the
theory and practice of teaching second or foreign languages. It is based
on a constellation of ideas issuing from philosophy of education,
theories of second language acquisition, empirical findings on effective
instructional techniques, and the exigencies of language learning in
contemporary society. Though there is broad interest in the potential
value of TBLT to foster worthwhile language teaching and learning, there
is also considerable diversity in the theoretical scope, applied practice, and
research that corresponds with the TBLT name.

In concert with current interest in Task-Based Language Teaching, this
book series is devoted to the dissemination of TBLT issues and
practices, and to fostering improved understanding and communication
across the various clines of TBLT work. As series editors, we seek to
publish cutting-edge work that defines and advances the domain.
Empirical research, theoretical discourse, and well-informed practical
applications of TBLT constitute the core features highlighted in the
series. We welcome edited as well as authored volumes, and we invite
submissions related to the full diversity of language education
contexts, including bi- and multi-lingual, heritage, second, foreign,
child, and adult language learning.

The targeted audiences for this series include students, scholars,
practitioners, and policy makers around the globe. Key among these are:

1. University undergraduate and graduate students engaged in courses of
study related to language teaching, applied linguistics, second language
studies, second language acquisition, and other fields.

2. Academics conducting research and teaching on TBLT, language
pedagogy, second language acquisition, and related disciplines.

3. Educators and policy makers concerned with work at the interface
between instructional practice and the value of language learning in
schools and for the benefit of individuals and society.

Invitation for proposals

Book proposals are invited. For specific TBLT proposal guidelines please
contact one of the series editors:

Martin Bygate: m.bygate at lancaster.ac.uk <mailto:m.bygate at lancaster.ac.uk>

John Norris: jnorris at hawaii.edu <mailto:jnorris at hawaii.edu>

Kris van den Branden: kris.vandenbranden at arts.kuleuven.be