19.1658, Jobs: Contemporary English: Variation/Cognition: Full Prof, U Vienna

Sat May 24 14:53:08 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1658. Sat May 24 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1658, Jobs: Contemporary English: Variation/Cognition: Full Prof, U Vienna

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-May-2008
From:  Seidlhofer < Barbara.seidlhofer at univie.ac.at >
Subject: Linguistics of Contemporary English: Variation and Cognition: Full Prof, University of Vienna, Austria

Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 10:51:00
From:  Seidlhofer [Barbara.seidlhofer at univie.ac.at]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1658.html&submissionid=179368&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Vienna
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Vienna, Austria
Web Address: http://www.univie.ac.at/Anglistik

Job Rank: Full Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Linguistics of Contemporary English

Full Professor of English Linguistics: Variation and Cognition
(full-time permanent position under private law, expected to start by
October 1st, 2009).

As specified in the University's Development Plan, the position is to be
linked to the research area 'Linguistic communication: systemic and
functional dimensions'.

Applicants should have an excellent research record in the area of
contemporary English linguistics, considering both the systematic
variability and the cognitive foundations of language and communication.
Cooperation with historical and applied (English) linguistics is expected.

Please consult the full text of the announcement in English at:
http://personalabteilung.univie.ac.at/index.php?id=13683&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=5782&tx_ttnews[backPid]=11945&cHash=0e0e8c89ec

Applications in English should be submitted by e-mail to the Dean of the
Faculty of Philological and Cultural Studies of the University of Vienna,
Franz Roemer, no later than July 15th, 2008, with reference 105-2007/2008.

Application Deadline: 15-Jul-2008

Email Address for Applications: franz.roemer at univie.ac.at
Contact Information:
	Prof. Barbara Seidlhofer