19.1672, Jobs: Urdu; Hindi & Computational Ling: Programmer, SYSTRAN Software

Sun May 25 14:50:26 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1672. Sun May 25 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1672, Jobs: Urdu; Hindi & Computational Ling: Programmer, SYSTRAN Software

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 23-May-2008
From: Denis Gachot < ssi_prhi_job at systransoft.com >
Subject: Urdu; Hindi & Computational Linguistics: Programmer, SYSTRAN Software, San Diego, CA, USA

Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 10:49:01
From: Denis Gachot [ssi_prhi_job at systransoft.com]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1672.html&submissionid=179383&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: SYSTRAN Software
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://www.systransoft.com

Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Required Language(s): Hindi (hin)
                      Urdu (urd)

Job Description, duties and responsibilities:

We are currently seeking Programmers to join our R&D team in San Diego to
develop machine translation systems. Duties include software development,
experimentation, analysis of results, and building systems that combine
linguistics and statistical language models for machine translation for
several languages.

The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in developing and
enhancing the capabilities of machine translation.

The ideal candidate should be self-motivated creative thinkers capable of
working collaboratively in a team environment with other Engineers and
Scientists.  Candidate should possess excellent development skills,
including significant programming experience in C/C++, Perl and experience
of optimization problems. Experience with machine translation or, NLP a plus.

Skills:

- Strong software skills.
- Programming experience in C/C++...
- The ability to read, write and speak Hindi or Urdu; preference for native
speakers.
- Good oral and written communications skills.

Education and Experience:

- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Computer Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Physics.
- 2 years work experience with BS.

Other Requirements:

- Knowledge of machine translation or natural language processing
techniques is a plus.
- Fluent English speaker.

Please submit resume to the e-mail address provided below and refrence job
number SD_PRHI_CF_200805.

SYSTRAN is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, military service, or any other legally protected status.

Application Deadline: 24-May-2009 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: ssi_prhi_job at systransoft.com
Contact Information:
	Denis Gachot
	Email: ssi_prhi_job at systransoft.com