19.1693, Confs: General Linguistics/Netherlands

Tue May 27 16:05:50 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1693. Tue May 27 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1693, Confs: General Linguistics/Netherlands

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse <morse at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-May-2008
From: Cagri Coltekin < c.coltekin at rug.nl >
Subject: Tabu Day 2008

Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:03:54
From: Cagri Coltekin [c.coltekin at rug.nl]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1693.html&submissionid=179710&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Tabu Day 2008

Date: 06-Jun-2008 - 06-Jun-2008
Location: Groningen, Netherlands
Contact: Cagri Coltekin
Contact Email: tabu at rug.nl
Meeting URL: http://www.rug.nl/let/tabudag

Meeting Description:

We are happy to announce that the program of 29th TABU Day is on-line.

TABU Day will take place in Groningen, The Netherlands, on June 6th,
2008.  About 30 researchers will present their work covering various
areas of linguistics. The day will be opened and closed by two invited
keynote speakers:

Prof. Dr. Jonas Kuhn, University of Potsdam
''Does Language Technology need Linguistics?
Do Linguists need Language Technology?''

Prof. Dr. Ian Roberts, University of Cambridge
''Macroparameters, Markedness and Typological Drift''

The full program is available on our website:
http://www.rug.nl/let/tabudag

Participation in TABU Day is free, however, we expect all participants
to register using the form on our web site.

Kind Regards,
TABU Day organizers