19.1714, Jobs: Syntax, General Ling, Morphology: Visiting Asst Prof, U Florida

Thu May 29 14:00:32 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1714. Thu May 29 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1714, Jobs: Syntax, General Ling, Morphology: Visiting Asst Prof, U Florida

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-May-2008
From: Michelle Mock < michellem at ufl.edu >
Subject: Syntax, General Linguistics, Morphology: Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA

Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 09:58:32
From: Michelle Mock [michellem at ufl.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1714.html&submissionid=180021&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Florida
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Florida, USA
Web Address: http://www.lin.ufl.edu

Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Morphology; Syntax

Contact: Eric Potsdam, potsdam at ufl.edu

The University of Florida invites applications for a non-tenure-track
visiting assistant professor position in Linguistics for the 2008-2009
academic year, beginning August 18, 2008. We anticipate a 3/3 teaching load
which includes a two-semester graduate sequence in syntax, introduction to
linguistics each semester, and two undergraduate electives. A PhD is
required and previous teaching experience is highly desirable, along with
demonstrated teaching effectiveness. Participation in departmental
activities, research, and student advising is encouraged. Salary range is
approximately $35-38,000 plus benefits (http://www.hr.ufl.edu/benefits/).

For fullest consideration, send application materials, including statements
about teaching and research interests, sample teaching evaluations if
available, a CV, one sample publication, and three letters of
recommendation to the application address listed below.

Applications will also be accepted by e-mail, although a hard-copy should
follow.  We will begin reviewing applications on June 16th but they will be
accepted until the position is filled. The University of Florida is an
Equal Opportunity Institution.

Contact: Eric Potsdam

Application Deadline: 16-Jun-2008
Mailing Address for Applications: