19.1721, FYI: MA Applied Linguistics at Biola University

Thu May 29 23:24:03 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-1721. Thu May 29 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.1721, FYI: MA Applied Linguistics at Biola University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Matthew Lahrman <matt at linguistlist.org>

Date: 28-May-2008
From: Kitty Purgason < kitty.purgason at biola.edu >
Subject: MA Applied Linguistics at Biola University

Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 19:23:06
From: Kitty Purgason [kitty.purgason at biola.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-1721.html&submissionid=180041&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Applications for the fall semester start of the MA Applied Linguistics at
Biola University are being accepted until August 1.  This degree allows
students to explore multidisciplinary and culturally appropriate solutions
to language-related human problems both in the United States and abroad,
including bilingual and multilingual education, language planning,
lexicography, literacy, second language acquisition, the development or
modification of writing systems, language survey, Bible translation, and
Scripture use.  Our collaborative program, SIL-at-Biola, enables students
to learn from on-the-field practitioners.  Our location in the greater Los
Angeles area offers rich language and service opportunities.  The larger
university provides optional additional coursework in theology, education,
and intercultural studies.  Personal attention is a hallmark of our
program.  For more information see http://www.biola.edu/sics/ or e-mail
kitty (dot) purgason (at) biola (dot) edu.