19.3502, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Research Project Manager, VICOMTech

Mon Nov 17 18:10:21 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3502. Mon Nov 17 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3502, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Research Project Manager, VICOMTech

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Nov-2008
From: Arantza Del Pozo < adelpozo at vicomtech.org >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Research Project Manager, VICOMTech, San Sebastián, Spain

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 13:08:04
From: Arantza Del Pozo [adelpozo at vicomtech.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3502.html&submissionid=196669&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: VICOMTech
Department: Human Speech and Language Technology  Group
Job Location: San Sebastián, Spain
Web Address: http://www.vicomtech.org

Job Rank: Research Project Manager

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

VICOMTech, an international applied research center in Interaction and
Communication Technologies located in San Sebastian (Spain) is looking for
a Computational Linguist.  We are looking for someone who combines an
interest in linguistics and software engineering, with the ambition to do
research in multilingual computational linguistics and at the same time
transfer this knowledge to companies and institutions in the form of
advanced research prototypes developed to solve real-world needs. The
selected candidate will have an important role in the Human Language
Technologies Department, including project management responsibilities and
definition of research priorities.

Our requirements are:
- PhD in Computational Linguistics or related field.
- Good English and Spanish language skills (other languages are a plus).

If you are:
- A researcher with management abilities and interests.
- A team player with an ambitious and creative personality.

We offer:
- A multilingual (Spanish, Basque, English, French, German, etc.) research
environment.
- A multidisciplinary research team, specialized in all forms of
human-computer interaction.
- The opportunity to develop management as well as research skills.

Email Address for Applications: adelpozo at vicomtech.org
Contact Information:
	Arantza Del Pozo
	Email: adelpozo at vicomtech.org