19.3627, Qs: A European Study on the Use of ICT and New Media

Wed Nov 26 17:49:58 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3627. Wed Nov 26 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3627, Qs: A European Study on the Use of ICT and New Media

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Dan Parker <dan at linguistlist.org>

Date: 26-Nov-2008
From: Katerina Zourou < katerinazourou at gmail.com >
Subject: A European Study on the Use of ICT and New Media

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:48:18
From: Katerina Zourou [katerinazourou at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3627.html&submissionid=197634&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear Sir / Madam,

We would be grateful if you could take the time to respond to the online
questionnaire available at http://www.ea.gr/ep/survey at your earliest
convenience.

This questionnaire is being administered in the context of a European
Commission study entitled ''Study on the Impact of ICT and New Media on
Language Learning'' (EACEA 2007/09). The main objectives of the study are to
assess the current situation concerning the use of ICT and new media for
language learning and teaching, to investigate any possible future trends in
this area, and to explore whether the motivation to learn languages can be
enhanced through the use of ICT-supported learning and new media. A
presentation of the results of this study will be made public on the
Education, Audiovisual & Culture Executive Agency's (EACEA) website
(http://eacea.ec.europa.eu).

Completing this interesting questionnaire shouldn't take more than 15
minutes. Your responses will help us understand better the ways in which
Europeans use new technologies, how this relates to language learning, and
how this could help us all understand each other better in today's world.

The online questionnaire (http://www.ea.gr/ep/survey) is available in
English, Finnish, French, German, Greek and Spanish.

In addition, please do not hesitate to contact us if you feel you are
interested in our study and willing to share with us your views on the use
of new technologies in language learning, based on your experiences from EC
funded and other projects.

Thank you very much in advance for your invaluable input.

The international Research Team conducting the Study

study at ea.gr