19.3000, Jobs: English & General Ling, Syntax, Appl Ling: Asst Prof, U of Alaska

Fri Oct 3 16:27:33 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3000. Fri Oct 03 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3000, Jobs: English & General Ling, Syntax, Appl Ling: Asst Prof, U of Alaska

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 02-Oct-2008
From: Paula Feldhacker < anpf1 at uaa.alaska.edu >
Subject: English & General Linguistics, Syntax, Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Alaska, Anchorage, AK, USA

Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:26:24
From: Paula Feldhacker [anpf1 at uaa.alaska.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3000.html&submissionid=192526&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Alaska
Department: English
Job Location: Alaska, USA
Web Address: http://www.uakjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=64901

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Syntax

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of English invites applications for a tenure-track assistant
professorship in linguistics, beginning August 2009. The successful
candidate will teach three courses each semester with a regular rotation in
introductory linguistics, intermediate and advanced syntax, and applied
linguistics (such as grammar and linguistics for language-arts teachers),
and will have the opportunity to teach one graduate course per year on a
selected topic. The candidate will be expected to maintain an active
research program.

Salary is commensurate with academic preparation and experience. Excellent
benefits include health and life insurance, retirement, and tuition waiver.

Required Qualifications: Ph.D in English or English language studies at the
time of appointment, with academic concentration and dissertation in
linguistics and/or the English language.

Preferred Qualifications: Experience in one or more of the following: (1)
acquisition of English by indigenous peoples, (2) teaching English as a
Second Language, (3) literacy studies, and/or (4) digital and new media
studies.

Apply electronically at the address listed below. Be prepared to attach a
cover letter, CV, names and e-mail addresses of three references, a recent
syllabus, and statement of teaching philosophy. Arrange to send hard copies
of transcripts and letters of reference directly to Dr. Jacqueline Cason at
the address listed below.

Review of applications will begin Dec. 1, 2008. We encourage applicants to
apply by that date, but we will actively monitor later applications.

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2008 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee Chair Jacqueline Cason
	Department of English, PSB212
	University of Alaska Anchorage