19.3097, Jobs: General Linguistics: Linguist, Rosetta Stone Ltd.

Sat Oct 11 19:14:14 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3097. Sat Oct 11 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3097, Jobs: General Linguistics: Linguist, Rosetta Stone Ltd.

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Oct-2008
From:  Morris < bmorris at rosettastone.com >
Subject: General Linguistics: Linguist, Rosetta Stone Ltd., Harrisonburg, VA, USA

Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 15:12:45
From:  Morris [bmorris at rosettastone.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3097.html&submissionid=192994&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Rosetta Stone Ltd.
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: http://www.rosettastone.com

Job Rank: Linguist

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Rosetta Stone, creator of the award-winning language-learning software,
continues to experience over a decade of uninterrupted growth; Inc.
Magazine lists Rosetta Stone among the fastest-growing private companies in
the United States. An industry leader based in Arlington, Va., Rosetta
Stone has offices in Harrisonburg, Va., Boulder, Colo., London, and Tokyo,
with over 100 retail locations in North America. Rosetta Stone brings
together innovative professionals from across the globe to deliver the best
technology-based solutions for learning languages.

Do you love poetry by both Frost and Borges? Do you spend your free time
painting, working for social change or playing MMORPGs? Do you read the
Sunday New York Times each week, then chip away at the crossword until it's
done?

We are looking for creative problem-solvers who can write and are native
speakers of one of the languages listed below.  We want people who
understand narrative structure, know how to craft a well-polished piece of
writing, are developing a voice and style and love languages. You won't be
writing greeting cards or City Council articles - instead, you'll be part
of a smart, vibrant software culture changing the way the world talks to
each other.

We are looking for native speakers of the following languages:

-  Chinese (Mandarin)
-  English
-  English (UK)
-  French
-  German
-  Italian
-  Japanese
-  Portuguese
-  Russian
-  Spanish (Latin America)
-  Spanish (Spain)

These positions are located at our Harrisonburg, Va., development office
(in a college town approximately 100 miles southwest of Washington, D.C.)
in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. The area offers a high quality of life
(hiking, biking, national parks, historic areas) and scores well on cost of
living.

Application Deadline: 08-Dec-2008

Email Address for Applications: crutt at rosettastone.com
Contact Information