19.3130, Confs: Comp Ling, Lexicography,Text/Corpus Ling, Applied Ling/Mexico

Wed Oct 15 19:17:01 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3130. Wed Oct 15 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3130, Confs: Comp Ling, Lexicography,Text/Corpus Ling, Applied Ling/Mexico

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Stephanie Morse <morse at linguistlist.org>

Date: 13-Oct-2008
From: Alexander Gelbukh < gelbukh at gelbukh.com >
Subject: Lexicom Americas 2009 Workshop

Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:14:30
From: Alexander Gelbukh [gelbukh at gelbukh.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3130.html&submissionid=193366&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

Lexicom Americas 2009 Workshop
Short Title: Lexicom 2009

Date: 24-Feb-2009 - 28-Feb-2009
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Contact: Alexander Gelbukh
Contact Email: cicling2009 at cicling.org
Meeting URL: http://nlp.fi.muni.cz/lexicom2009-americas/main.html

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics;
Lexicography; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Meeting Description:

Lexicom is an intensive 5-day workshop in lexicography and lexical computing. It
combines practical work and theoretical perspectives, to provide training in the
making of corpus-based dictionaries and the software that supports this
activity. The workshop will be conducted by Michael Rundell and Adam Kilgarriff
of Lexicography MasterClass Ltd.

The first Lexicom was held in 2001 (at the University of Brighton), and they
have been running once or more each year since. Lexicom is now a
well-established annual training event, and over 200 people (lexicographers,
linguists, computer scientists, translators, terminologists, and graduate
students) have attended since we started.

A typical Lexicom programme can be found on
http://www.lexmasterclass.com/typical_workshop.