19.3133, Jobs: French & Applied Ling: Asst Prof, Illinois State University

Thu Oct 16 13:36:13 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3133. Thu Oct 16 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3133, Jobs: French & Applied Ling: Asst Prof, Illinois State University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Oct-2008
From: Sharon Griffin < srgriff at ilstu.edu >
Subject: French & Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Illinois State University, Normal, IL, USA

Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:34:52
From: Sharon Griffin [srgriff at ilstu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3133.html&submissionid=193727&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Illinois State University
Department: Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: http://www.llc.ilstu.edu/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): French (fra)

The Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures at Illinois State
University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in
Applied Linguistics at the rank of Assistant Professor.

The ideal candidate will hold a Ph.D./Ed.D. or will be ABD in applied
linguistics with research interests in two or more of the following areas:
 second language pedagogy, second language acquisition, bilingualism and
bilingual education, language assessment, and language policy. S/he should
have a solid scholarly agenda and documented teaching experience. Spanish
strongly preferred, but will consider French and German for exceptionally
well-qualified applicants. Normal teaching load is four courses per year,
which include two undergraduate pedagogy courses to prepare students for
K-12 certification.

The successful candidate will coordinate our teacher education program so
familiarity with the NCATE accreditation program is desired. The successful
candidate must be authorized to work legally in the United States by August
16, 2009, the start date of the position. To assure full consideration,
letter of application, curriculum vitae, copy of graduate transcript
(original transcript is not required for application) and three letters of
recommendation must arrive by November 15, 2008. E-mail submissions will
not be accepted. Send materials via conventional mail to Dr. Daniel Everett
at the address provided below.

Illinois State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
university encouraging diversity.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Daniel Everett
	Chair, Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
	Illinois State University
	Campus Box 4300
	Normal, IL 61790-4300
	USA