19.3184, All: New Feature on LINGUIST: Easy Abstracts for Conferences

Mon Oct 20 19:29:35 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3184. Mon Oct 20 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3184, All: New Feature on LINGUIST: Easy Abstracts for Conferences

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Catherine Adams <catherin at linguistlist.org>

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.html

Date: 20-Oct-2008
From: LINGUIST List < info at linguistlist.org >

Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 15:28:06
From: LINGUIST List [info at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3184.html&submissionid=194208&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

Dear Readers,

We are pleased to announce the launch of an exciting new feature:  Easy Abstracts!  Easy Abstracts (Easy Abs for short) is a free abstract submission and review facility designed to help conference organizers and reviewers accept and process abstracts online.

Here's what Easy Abstracts allows you to do:

* Upload abstracts in up to four formats
* Add, delete, and notify reviewers
* View, rate, and comment on abstracts using a secure login (designated reviewers only)
* Make acceptance decisions based on a ratings summary
* Send individual or group emails to notify authors of acceptance/denial
* Customize the review settings and the 'look' of the web pages

Furthermore, Easy Abs is:

* Already set up, requiring NO installation
* Completely web-based
* Database driven, running on a fast server!
* Maintained by The LINGUIST List

Every Easy Abstracts user will receive the same diligent support that we provide in every other aspect of The LINGUIST List site. Just go to:

http://www.linguistlist.org/confcustom

and begin your conference customization process today!

With Easy Abstracts, submission and review will be as easy as 1-2-3! Strengthen your conference with Easy Abs!

We would love to have any feedback from you about this feature. Questions and comments should be directed to callconf at linguistlist.org.

Thank you for your continuing support of The LINGUIST List!

Best Wishes,
The LINGUIST crew

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable