19.3224, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Concordia University

Fri Oct 24 15:18:14 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-3224. Fri Oct 24 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.3224, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Concordia University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 24-Oct-2008
From: Angela Polyzogopoulos < ads at alcor.concordia.ca >
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics: Asst Prof, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 11:16:44
From: Angela Polyzogopoulos [ads at alcor.concordia.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-3224.html&submissionid=194607&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Concordia University
Department: Education, Arts & Science
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Web Address: http://artsandscience1.concordia.ca

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; TESOL

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Concordia University - The Department of Education invites applications for
one tenure-track position in Applied Linguistics, in the area of language
testing and evaluation. The candidate must have a Ph.D., an excellent
command of English, and a strong record of publications and conference
presentations. In addition to expertise in language testing and evaluation,
the candidate should have research and/or teaching experience in at least
one of the following areas: teacher supervision, research methodologies,
and curriculum development. A functional knowledge of another language is
an important asset; this language should be French for candidates who
indicate teacher supervision as an area of expertise. The successful
candidate will join a dynamic team of researchers and will have the
opportunity to make use of Concordia's state of the art language learning
research facility.

Subject to budgetary approval, we anticipate filling this position,
normally at the rank of Assistant Professor, for July 1, 2009. Please
forward all applications and questions to the department contact listed
below. Review of applications will begin on November 15, 2008 and will
continue until the position is filed. Applications should consist of a
letter of intent (addressed to the Chair of the Department of Education,
Dr. Richard F. Schmid), a curriculum vitae, copies of recent publications,
a statement of teaching interests, a statement of research achievements and
objectives, and three letters of reference.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority. Concordia University is
committed to employment equity.

Additional information can be found at http://artsandscience1.concordia.ca.

Email Address for Applications: schmid at education.concordia.ca
Contact Information: