19.2664, Jobs: Gen Ling, TESL, ESP: Asst Prof/Lecturer, National Chiayi U

Tue Sep 2 15:28:15 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2664. Tue Sep 02 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2664, Jobs: Gen Ling, TESL, ESP: Asst Prof/Lecturer, National Chiayi U

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 01-Sep-2008
From: Jiun-Shiung Wu < wujs at mail.ncyu.edu.tw >
Subject: General Linguistics, TESL, ESP: Assistant Professor/Lecturer, National Chiayi University, Taiwan

Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:26:17
From: Jiun-Shiung Wu [wujs at mail.ncyu.edu.tw]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2664.html&submissionid=188665&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: National Chiayi University
Department: Department of Foreign Languages
Job Location: Chiayi County, Taiwan
Web Address: http://adm.ncyu.edu.tw/~dfl/e_index.htm

Job Rank: Assistant Professor/Lecturer

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Department of Foreign Languages (DFL), National Chiayi University, is
recruiting three new faculty members. We have two openings for tenure-track
faculty and one for contract faculty.

Requirements:
Those who wish to apply for the tenure-track positions must have (or will
have, by February 1st 2009) a PhD degree in linguistics, applied
linguistics, speech communication, ESP, or Western literature (preferably
drama).

Those who wish to apply for the contract faculty position must be a native
speaker of English, and have (or will have, by February 1st 2009) a master
(or above) degree in TESL/TEFL or ESP.

Job Descriptions:
The faculty members of DFL teach professional courses of the undergraduate
and graduate programs of the department, basic English proficiency training
courses, Freshman and sophomore English, and are involved with any other
work related to teaching, research and service.

Required Documents:
1.  a CV
2.  three letters of recommendation
3.  a photocopy of your diploma certified by the embassies of Republic of
China (Taiwan) or proof that you will receive your degree and diploma by
February 1st, 2009.
4.  a copy of your PhD dissertation (or MA thesis) or representative
academic work
5.  a syllabus of a course you can teach
6.  other related supplemental documents

Please note that no faxed or emailed applications are acceptable. If you
have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Application Deadline: 15-Oct-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Jiun-Shiung Wu
	Department of Foreign Languages, National Chiayi University
	85 Wenlong Minhsiung
	Chiayi County 621
	Taiwan
Contact Information: