19.2708, Confs: General Linguistics/USA

Sun Sep 7 22:26:44 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2708. Sun Sep 07 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2708, Confs: General Linguistics/USA

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Ania Kubisz <ania at linguistlist.org>

Date: 06-Sep-2008
From: Andrew Garrett < garrett at berkeley.edu >
Subject: 2009 Linguistic Institute

Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 18:24:54
From: Andrew Garrett [garrett at berkeley.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2708.html&submissionid=189305&topicid=4&msgnumber=1

2009 Linguistic Institute

Date: 06-Jul-2009 - 13-Aug-2009
Location: Berkeley, CA, USA
Contact: Andrew Garrett
Contact Email: lsa2009 at berkeley.edu
Meeting URL: http://lsa2009.berkeley.edu

The 2009 Linguistic Institute is co-sponsored by the Linguistic Society of
America and the University of California, Berkeley.

The theme of the 2009 Institute is ''Linguistic Structure and Language
Ecologies''. There will be 20 six-week courses and about 70 three-week courses,
taught by an international faculty. We welcome attendees as Students (who enroll
for course credit) or as Affiliates (those who already have Ph.D.s or equivalent
degrees, and attend to audit classes); the LSA also offers fellowships for
students. Registration will be available in very early 2009.