19.2717, Jobs: Slavic Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Chicago

Mon Sep 8 16:19:38 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2717. Mon Sep 08 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2717, Jobs: Slavic Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Chicago

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 08-Sep-2008
From: Lenore Grenoble < grenoble at uchicago.edu >
Subject: Slavic Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Chicago, IL, USA

Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:18:20
From: Lenore Grenoble [grenoble at uchicago.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2717.html&submissionid=189429&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Chicago
Department: Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: http://slavic.uchicago.edu/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics; Slavic Linguistics

Required Language(s): Slavic Subgroup

The Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures of the University of
Chicago seeks to fill an entry-level, tenure-track position in Slavic
linguistics, with a special interest in diachronic linguistics. The ideal
candidate will also have expertise in other historically and/or areally
relevant languages or language families. We seek a candidate who will
complement and build on our strengths in Slavic and areal linguistics and
contribute to the intellectual life of the University in general. Teaching
experience and evidence of publications are required. Candidates should
have the PhD in hand at the time of appointment, preferably at the time of
application. We will begin reviewing applications on 1 November 2008.

Applications should be sent to the address listed below.

They should include the following:
1. cover letter.
2. curriculum vitae
3. sample publication(s): not more than 3
4. one and only one sample course syllabus

The applicant should have three letters of recommendation sent directly to
the search committee.

Preliminary interviews will be held at AAASS and LSA National Conventions.

The University of Chicago is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee
	Slavic Department
	University of Chicago