19.2746, Jobs: German Ling/Applied Ling: Asst/Assoc Prof, Pennsylvania State U

Tue Sep 9 20:28:12 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2746. Tue Sep 09 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2746, Jobs: German Ling/Applied Ling: Asst/Assoc Prof, Pennsylvania State U

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Sep-2008
From: Cindy Bierly < cqb2 at psu.edu >
Subject: German Linguistics/Applied Linguistics: Assistant or Associate Professor, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA

Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 16:26:51
From: Cindy Bierly [cqb2 at psu.edu]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2746.html&submissionid=189606&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The Pennsylvania State University
Department: Germanic and Slavic Languages and Literatures
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://german.la.psu.edu/

Job Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; German Linguistics/Applied linguistics

Required Language(s): German, Standard (deu)

Assistant or Associate Professor. The Department of Germanic and Slavic
Languages and Literatures at Penn State seeks an experienced scholar to
coordinate the German language program and contribute to the expanding PhD
option in German linguistics and applied linguistics. The successful
candidate will have a joint appointment with the Department of Applied
Linguistics and/or an affiliation with the Center for Language Science.

PhD in German linguistics or German applied linguistics required, subfield
open. Native or near-native proficiency in German and English.  Electronic
submission strongly preferred.  Submit letter, c.v. and dossier to the
application email address listed below.  If unable to send electronically,
applications can be mailed to the address below, or faxed to (814)
863-8882. Applications must be received by November 4 to be assured full
consideration, but applications will be accepted until the position is
filled.  Visit our Web site (listed above). Penn State is committed to
affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.

Application Deadline: 04-Nov-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Ms. Cindy Bierly
	427 Burrowes Building
	Dept. of Germanic & Slavic Languages & Literatures
	The Pennsylvania State University
	University Park, PA 16802-6204
	USA
Email Address for Applications: cqb2 at psu.edu