19.2757, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Project Director, Cenera

Wed Sep 10 16:49:01 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2757. Wed Sep 10 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2757, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Project Director, Cenera

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Sep-2008
From: Jennifer Isotti < jennifer.isotti at cenera.ca >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Project Director, Cenera, Telecommute

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:45:59
From: Jennifer Isotti [jennifer.isotti at cenera.ca]
E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2757.html&submissionid=189649&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Cenera
Job Rank: Project Director

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Software Localization

The Company
Our client is a technology company that delivers intelligent interface
solutions to enhance the user experience of wireless and consumer
technologies. Their product portfolio dramatically improves the usability
of mobile phones, PDAs, gaming devices and set-top boxes, and the
applications on them. Our client is a publicly traded company and is listed
on the Nasdaq National Market and the Toronto Stock Exchange and continues
to support their strategic partners and customers from offices in Asia,
Europe and North America.

The Opportunity
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Project Director who has a
passion for, and experience with, languages and technology, and the drive
to build dynamic, motivated teams using innovative approaches. Our Client
is a leading developer of language-related software, and is looking for you
if you have an original mix of project management strategies in your
toolkit, and enjoy working in a fast-paced global environment where a
creative response to challenges is encouraged.

Responsibilities
Manage project strategy, process performance and team effectiveness, key
responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
-  Providing guidance and direction to geographically dispersed teams to
meet a dynamic delivery schedule;
-  Managing the entire project cycle from strategic planning to tactical
activities;
-  Reviewing the progress of each team to ensure the release plan is
on-track and within budget;
-  Providing accurate estimates for budget and schedule; and,
-  Coordinating with Senior Level Management, Regional Project Managers and
Senior Linguists to ensure relevant work is completed to fulfill client
requirements.

Candidate Profile
As an ideal candidate, your background will include:
-  Experience in the area of language technology in conjunction with
demonstrated experience in project management at the senior level for more
than eight years
-  University degree in a language-related field preferred;
-  Fluent in English with proven experience with multiple languages,
language learning or linguistics;
-  Fluency in two or more languages is considered an asset;
-  Exposure to multiple cultures and languages in a variety of business
settings;
-  Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural norms

Additional Information
To forward your resume, (quoting Project #3004PD), please submit to the
application email listed below.  For additional information, please contact:
Jennifer Isotti
Toll Free: 1.800.387.8797
Cenera
1100, 1015 - 4th St SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J4

E-mail responses preferred so they can be electronically added to our
database. By applying to the position of Project Director, you are
providing us with permission to review your résumé and to share it with
this specific client only. In relation to future Searches, we assure you
that the information you provide will be treated in the strictest
confidence. We would like to retain your résumé in our database and would
contact you when other opportunities arise.

Email Address for Applications: opportunities at cenera.ca
Contact Information:
	Jennifer Isotti
	Email: jennifer.isotti at cenera.ca