19.2793, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Linguist, Cenera

Sat Sep 13 17:19:10 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2793. Sat Sep 13 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2793, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Linguist, Cenera

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-Sep-2008
From: Jennifer Isott < jennifer.isotti at cenera.ca >
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Linguist, Cenera, Telecommute

Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 13:17:24
From: Jennifer Isott [jennifer.isotti at cenera.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2793.html&submissionid=190005&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Cenera
Job Rank: Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

The  Company

Our client is a global technology company that delivers intelligent
interface solutions to enhance the user experience of wireless and consumer
technologies. Their product portfolio dramatically improves the usability
of mobile phones, PDA's, gaming devices and set-top boxes, and the
applications on them. Our client is a publicly traded company and is listed
on the Nasdaq National Market and the Toronto Stock Exchange and continues
to support their strategic partners and customers from offices in Asia,
Europe and North America.

The Opportunity

This is an exciting opportunity for a Linguist with a passion for
technology to work with a leading developer of language software. You will
collaborate with linguists and developers on a global basis in a dynamic,
flexible team environment, where innovation, attention to detail and
independent thinking are valued and encouraged.

Responsibilities

Through the professional application of your skills and knowledge, you will
develop information structures and formal algorithms for automatic language
processing. Other key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
-  Work with lexicon and morphology of assigned languages;
-  Develop morphological tagging systems;
-  Work with Native Speakers to coordinate assignments;
-  Participate in further developing the intelligence and applications of
the linguistic database, and;
-  Customize databases according to customer specifications and market
interest.

Candidate Profile

As an ideal candidate, your background will include;
-  A Graduate Degree (MA or PhD) in Linguistics;
-  1-2 years of relevant experience;
-  Knowledge of Computational Linguistics, Corpus Linguistics, Lexicography
or Morphology;
-  Strong computer skills including demonstrated experience with Access and
SQL databases;
-  Experience working with native speakers of other languages and/or
coordinating with individuals, and;
-  Experience and/or knowledge in the following languages: Amharic,
Azerbaijani, Hausa, Igbo, Kazak, Khmer, Pashto, Sesotho, Sinhalese, Uzbek,
Xhosa, Yoruba, Zulu, Albanian, Armenian, Assamese, Belarus, Georgian,
Kashmiri, Khirgiz, Lingala, Macedonian, Mongolian, Oriya, Tadzhik and Turkmen.

Additional Information

For additional information or to forward your resume, (quoting Project
#3004), please submit to opportunities at cenera.ca.  For additional
information, please contact:
Jennifer Isotti
Toll Free: 1.800.387.8797
Cenera
1100, 1015 - 4th St SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1J4

E-mail responses preferred so they can be electronically added to our
database.  By applying to the position of Linguist, you are providing us
with permission to review your résumé and to share it with this specific
client only. In relation to future Searches, we assure you that the
information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence. We
would like to retain your résumé in our database and would contact you when
other opportunities arise.

Email Address for Applications: opportunities at cenera.ca
Contact Information:
	Jennifer Isott