19.2822, Jobs: Phonology: Asst Prof, Wellesley College

Tue Sep 16 18:21:39 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2822. Tue Sep 16 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2822, Jobs: Phonology: Asst Prof, Wellesley College

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Bethany Townsend <bethany at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Sep-2008
From: Laura Andrews < landrews at wellesley.edu >
Subject: Phonology: Asst Prof, Wellesley College, MA, USA

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:19:17
From: Laura Andrews [landrews at wellesley.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2822.html&submissionid=190365&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Wellesley College
Department: Human Resources
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.wellesley.edu/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonology

The program in cognitive and linguistic sciences at Wellesley College has
an opening for a full-time, tenure-track, beginning assistant professor of
linguistics starting in the fall of 2009. We seek a linguist with an
experimental program with a specialization in phonology. Current faculty
participating in the program include linguists, psychologists,
philosophers, and computer scientists. Course load is two classes per
semester. The successful candidate will teach a combination of
introductory, intermediate and advanced linguistics courses. Please submit
applications online by visiting our application website (listed below).
Include letter of application, dossier including cv and letters of
recommendation, teaching and research statements, and relevant
publications. If circumstances make it impossible to submit any materials
electronically, you may send paper versions to Andrea Levitt at the address
listed below.

Wellesley College is an EO/AA educational institution and employer.  The
College is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community
and the curriculum.  Candidates who believe they will contribute to that
goal are encouraged to apply.  For more information about the program,
please see:

 http://www.wellesley.edu/Psychology/Cogsci/htmlpages/whatiscogsci.html

For more information about being a faculty member at Wellesley College,
please see:

http://www.wellesley.edu/DeanCollege/Diversity/Open_pos/prospectfac.pdf

Application Deadline: 31-Oct-2008
Mailing Address for Applications: