19.2850, Jobs: French & Hist Ling: Asst Prof, University of Texas at Austin

Thu Sep 18 17:14:39 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2850. Thu Sep 18 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2850, Jobs: French & Hist Ling: Asst Prof, University of Texas at Austin

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Sep-2008
From: Christine Bryce < cbryce at austin.utexas.edu >
Subject: French & Historical Linguistics: Asst Prof, University of Texas at Austin, TX, USA

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:13:22
From: Christine Bryce [cbryce at austin.utexas.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2850.html&submissionid=190690&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Texas at Austin
Department: French and Italian
Job Location: Texas, USA
Web Address: http://www.utexas.edu

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Historical Linguistics

Required Language(s): French (fra)

Assistant professor of French linguistics, tenure track. Specialization in
historical linguistics. To begin Fall 2009. Demonstrated teaching and
research ability. Expected to teach undergraduate lower-division courses in
French language, upper-division French language and linguistics courses,
and graduate courses in French linguistics. Ability to supervise graduate
students' research. Native or near native proficiency in French. Applicants
should have the PhD in hand or expected by August 2009. Publications
strongly recommended. Training in applied linguistics desired. A background
check will be conducted on successful candidate. Position pending budgetary
approval. FRD #6016

Applicant Instructions:

Send letter, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation by the
application deadline to the address provided below.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair/Professor Daniela Bini
	Department of French & Italian