19.2851, Jobs: Applied Ling: Senior Lecturer, The Pennsylvania State University

Thu Sep 18 17:16:40 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2851. Thu Sep 18 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2851, Jobs: Applied Ling: Senior Lecturer, The Pennsylvania State University

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Sep-2008
From: Sally Arnold < sah4 at psu.edu >
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Senior Lecturer, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:15:14
From: Sally Arnold [sah4 at psu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2851.html&submissionid=190687&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: The Pennsylvania State University
Department: Department of Applied Linguistics
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://aplng.la.psu.edu

Job Rank: Senior Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

The Department of Applied Linguistics at The Pennsylvania State University
seeks qualified applicants for a Senior Lecturer position in Applied
Linguistics to begin August 1, 2009. The position is a 48-week, three-year
contract, renewable pending satisfactory performance and by mutual consent.
The Senior Lecturer will oversee and implement the university-wide
International Teaching Assistant (ITA) program, supervise and coordinate
the ESL instructional program (undergrad/grad) in English for Academic
Purposes (EAP), and supervise the departmental teaching assistants who
teach in the ESL instructional program. This position will include
opportunities to teach courses and advise students in the MA TESL and Ph.D.
in Applied Linguistics degree programs.

Substantial supervisory experience is required in one or more of the
following areas of specialization: FL, ESL, and/or EFL language program
coordination, teacher education, ITA programs. Evidence of excellence in
teaching and scholarship is expected.  Ph.D. required at time of
appointment in applied linguistics or related fields, including but not
limited to: educational linguistics, English education, language, literacy
and culture, linguistics, or second language acquisition.

Review of dossiers will begin November 15, 2008. Applications will be
accepted until the position is filled. Send cover letter, CV, three
confidential letters of recommendation, and documentation of
supervisory/teaching excellence to the address provided below. Information
about the Department of Applied Linguistics can be found on our website.

Penn State is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the
diversity of its workforce.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2008
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair, Search Committee Karen Johnson