19.2852, Jobs: Bilingualism: Asst Prof, University of Kansas

Thu Sep 18 17:18:55 UTC 2008

LINGUIST List: Vol-19-2852. Thu Sep 18 2008. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 19.2852, Jobs: Bilingualism: Asst Prof, University of Kansas

Reviews: Randall Eggert, U of Utah

Editor for this issue: Luiza Newlin Lukowicz <luiza at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Sep-2008
From: Allard Jongman < jongman at ku.edu >
Subject: Bilingualism: Asst Prof, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, USA

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 13:17:26
From: Allard Jongman [jongman at ku.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=19-2852.html&submissionid=190685&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Kansas
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Kansas, USA
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.ku.edu/

Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Bilingualism/SLA

The Linguistics Department at the University of Kansas invites applications
for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Bilingualism/Second
Language Acquisition expected to begin August 18, 2008.

A Ph.D. in Linguistics or a closely related field with a specialization in
bilingualism/ second language acquisition is expected by the start date of
appointment. The successful candidate will have a strong record of research
which is informed by linguistic theory. Preferred qualifications include
excellence in teaching and potential for external funding.

Responsibilities will include maintaining an active research program,
supervising graduate and undergraduate research, teaching established and
new courses in bilingualism and second language acquisition, and
contributing to departmental governance. We seek applicants whose interests
and experience intersect with existing research in the department. A
complete application will include a letter of application expressing
research and teaching interests, curriculum vitae, sample publications, and
three letters of recommendation. Please include a phone number and e-mail
address. First priority will be given to applications received by the
application deadline.

Applications should be sent to the address provided below.

Further information concerning the position may be obtained by telephone
(785-864-3450) or by e-mail (linguistics at ku.edu).

EO/AA Employer

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2008 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Bilingualism/SLA Search
	Linguistics Department
	University of Kansas